Thank you for your interest in referring your patient to us. We value your trust in our staff and physicians.
We specialized in physical medicine, and use a variety of specialties to diagnose and treat musculoskeletal conditions.
- Once you refer your patient, one of our physicians will perform a full exam and create a specific treatment plan for your patient.
- Since you are the PCP on file, we will forward a copy of this exam and treatment plan for your records.
- Our typical treatment plan lasts two weeks, during which your patient will get evidence based treatment based on the diagnosis.
- At the end of those two weeks, we will perform a re-evaluation to determine how much your patient has improved. We use the American Medical Association PDQ to determine patient’s improvement.
- We encourage the patient to schedule a follow up with their primary care physician to update them on their improvement and for any refills of medication.
- Even though we have medical doctors in our offices, we don’t do any internal medicine. Your referral would be limited to physical medicine, and we will refer the patient back to you at the conclusion of their treatment.
Why refer your patient to us!
- Physical Medicine along with Rx medication provide great results
- Greater patient satisfaction with results
- Less flare up and re-injuries as a result of an educated patients
- Correction of biomechanics disfunction
- Decrease in pain medication dependance
When to refer your patient..
Most of the patients referred to our practice are from these 5 specialties:
When to refer is on a case by case basis.
Some doctors refer whenever the patient complaints of a musculoskeletal chief complaint (neck pain, low back pain, shoulder pain, knee pain, etc).
Others prescribe a muscle relaxant, anti-inflammatory and/or pain medication and then refer to us.
Some cases are for non-pharmaceutical pain management of chronic pain/conditions or post surgical pain.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ankylosis Spondylitis
- Degenerative Joint Disease